Tuesday, November 07, 2006

South Park - controversial for controversy sake?


I love South Park, pretty much always have since I first saw it, but I get the feeling lately they are creating episodes that will create controversy just for the sake of it. Series 10 has been hilarious so far, and I am enjoying it, but there have been a few occasions it's left my mouth hanging wide open. The episode I have in mind is Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy - which is obviously a comment regarding teacher-student relationships, but with the teacher being a good looking female, no one takes it as seriously, even though the boy in the relationship is Kyle's little brother Ike who is still just in kindergarten! All very wrong, especially the montage scene where it ends with them post coital! A bit too much shown in my opinion! Here's a bit of it from You Tube:

Funny, I'm sure you'll agree, but taken a bit too far in terms of what they show. The most recent episode shown in the states has 'Ms' Garrison having anal sex with another teacher, which again was taken probably just a bit too far again! It made our gay friend laugh out loud when he saw it, and he doesn't even usually like South Park, so I guess that says something!

To be honest, even if it does go too far sometimes, I'm pleased it does and it gets away with it, because there is far too much television that won't or can't. So I say, 'LONG LIVE SOUTH PARK - YEAH DUDE!'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home