Thursday, January 18, 2007

Racism in Big Brother

I had to comment on this as it's getting so much media attention. The fact that The Carphone Warehouse has now pulled its sponsorship must be worrying Endemol, but the show is getting more ratings now since people are tuning it to decide for themselves; are Jade, Jo and Danielle racist? I don't think so. I think they're frustrated with her controlling ways, and come from completely different backgrounds. The fact that Jade herself is of mixed race and suffered from racist remarks as a child makes me think she can't be. She's just an outspoken person, who likes to make a scene - possibly thinking it will make good TV, rather than her digging her own grave! In relation to Jo and Danielle, as is usually the case with cliques, they're sticking with the strong, ring-leader of their group and wouldn't question Jades behaviour as Jades' wrath might be put onto them instead! Danielle is too young and naive to realise that she is coming across two-faced and the comments she's making seem to be more race related than Jade.

I can't believe Big Brother wouldn't step in and stop their arguments, as in past series they would usually call one of the party to the diary room to break it up if it looks too heated. I guess the reason they haven't is due to the fact that it's good for their ratings. Big Brother calling Danielle into the diary room last night to tell her that she'd said 'she should f*** off home' and asking her the reasons behind this comment was interesting. She couldn't remember doing it, so I think she's only trying to impress Jade and isn't necessarily racist but perhaps got caught up in the moment. Plus I think they're all a bit jealous about the fact that the girl is gorgeous! You have to give it to Shilpa for not walking out after all of this hatred directed at her.

As I've said throughout my posts about Big Brother, you can never tell who is going to win! My predictions for Danielle, Jo and Jade are obviously out of the window, and I'm now thinking Cleo, Shilpa (possibly) and Dirk to win. I don't even know who I want to win yet! Jade and Shilpa are up for eviction this week. I wonder who will go?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

CBS has a contestant on Big Brother this season that is only 20 years old. By way of the rules each contestant must be at least 21 to enter the reality show.


Danielle Dannatto is NOT allowed to win by way of the BB rules;

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother_application/rules.shtml

RULE 6

It's illegal for her to win - this is probably the most excitement of the whole season anyway......BORING SEASON!!!

9:27 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home