Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Adriaaaannnn!

So Rocky is back, and I've had the privilege of seeing it already, thanks to a good friend of mine. Firstly I have to say it's great and kept me on the edge of my seat! The music wound me up a bit - felt a bit more like a TV movie, but it still didn't detract away from the greatness of Stallone! I particularly loved the way they integrated the previous films to hark back to his relationship with Adrian, who in the story line, has past away since the last film. I think 'Peter Petrelli' from Heroes fame looks a convincing Rocky Jr, however, his acting is still a bit wooden and Keanu Reeves-esq!
Overall, I think the storyline was well thought out and pretty convincing, even though the current heavyweight champion of the world fighting a 50-odd year old seems ridiculous, but they don't shy-away this fact in the film. I have to say Stallone has worked hard to get into shape for this role, although another sequel has probably been in the back of his mind for a while. I also think the make up for a 'retired boxer' was pretty spot on. Watching this film has made me want to go through all the original ones to spot the references which are called upon, especially the character of 'Little Marie' who I have now discovered is played by a completely different actress (was kinda hoping they'd used the same person!). If you haven't already realised, I'm telling you to go see it! You won't be disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home