Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Bond...Bond who?


So with the release of the latest Bond film imminent and the premiere tonight, the hype is at fever pitch. Will Daniel Craig be a good enough Bond with his blonde hair? Will it live up to expectation? Is there going to be enough explosions, sex and violence? Well, I don't care! I've never been a Bond fan (I bet you couldn't tell!) but I have been known to see a few of them - Goldeneye, Die Another Day, possibly The World is not Enough, and Tomorrow Never Dies too, but nothing before Brosnan!

Maybe that's my problem - I haven't seen the classics to appreciate it today. I just don't particularly like the stable things you'd expect to find in a Bond film - his sophisticated suaveness, his ability to melt all the girls' hearts (even the female villains) which then leads into the inevitable sex scenes, and as many stunts and explosions as they can fit into 2 hours-ish as physically possible! Don't get me wrong, I might be female, but I like a good action film every now and again. I guess I just don't like the predictability of it all in every Bond film. I'll take Austin Powers over Bond any day - even Goldmember!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home