Thursday, December 21, 2006

Happy Feet and The Holiday

So I finally got around to seeing Happy Feet and was mightily disappointed! Where was the story line? What happened to the 'heart song'? Don't get me wrong, I loved the soundtrack and the baby penguins were adorable, and also integrating real humans instead of rubbish looking CGI ones (unless they have come on leaps and bounds in that area!) but the story just went down a road which made it never come back for me. It must be doing something right though for it to be number 1 in the states over Bond and now number 1 here too! I just hope Prince wins best song in the Golden Globes and Oscars next year! Give him more publicity for Las Vegas and possibly a new album???
I also saw The Holiday on the same day with my girl friends and thought it was brilliant - better than I thought, although Jack Black wasn't quite as funny as I was hoping and expecting! I think Nancy Meyers is a genius (just saw a list of the films she's directed and it includes classics like Private Benjamin and Baby Boom - both portraying strong, intelligent, working women in male dominated industries - just like her in fact!) and apparently both the Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz characters are modelled on herself! She must be very unlucky in love - but still have hope in it! I won't spoil it for those of you who want to see it - but I must recommend that you do, especially while it's on at this time of year! Very festive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home