Thursday, October 12, 2006

My nose trouble!


So, I have had problems with my nose for almost a year now - and believe you me, it gets me down. Imagine having a permanent cold for 10 months?! That's what it's been like for me. All those people saying 'cor you sound awful' and me either having to explain it's an allergy, or, no I'm fine, I just have problems with it, blah blah blah! Well now I've seen a surgeon and he's given me his expert opinion - that I have the symptoms of someone who is allergic to something without actually being allergic to anything! He gave me my options too - either do nothing (not an option - why did I bother paying this man £150!), have surgery which costs £3000/4000 as I don't have health insurance, or medicate using steroids and antihistamines - which is the option I have decided to go for for now. It is helping but obviously it's not as permanent as surgery.

Another thing he suggested though was avoidance of the things which would irritate anyone's nose. I'm talking about smoke, fumes, dust, air con and central heating. I think you'll find I come into contact with those things at least a couple of times a day! I work in central London, full of people smoking and cars with their fumes whizzing past me, working in a air conditioned basement and then coming home to a dusty, spiderweb filled house (don't get me started on that now!) and putting on the central heating! Yeah, I'm not feeling too positive about the medication now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home